Business & Human Rights
There is increasing pressure on businesses to take steps to ascertain, manage and account for their impact on human rights and explain how they are doing this. This pressure is taking on a more obvious legal dimension, as notions of moral and ethical responsibility begin to transform into harder edged legal duties. We provide training that can help organizations of all levels of expertise and resources put the Guiding Principles into practice.
Guidance on and implementation of the principal international frameworks containing human rights requirements for businesses.
- The UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, IFC Performance Standards, and Equator Principles;
- Human rights due diligence and assessments;
- Developing a Human Rights policy and embedding respect for Human Rights;
- Compliance with international and national human rights laws;
- Corporate reporting requirements;
- Related strategic and risk management issues;
- Dealing with human rights related complaints and investigations and in litigation before local courts and international tribunals.