Employees conducting investigations on behalf of their employer must conduct fair and lawful investigations. The method of gathering evidence impacts upon successful regulatory control, enforcement and prosecution.
Learn to gather evidence to best practice standards so as to ensure relevance, admissibility, and credibility.
- Create & follow a plan in accordance with the legal framework for a fair investigation;
- Identify evidence: real, documentary, hearsay, circumstantial, interview, witness;
- How to collect evidence and maintain continuity of exhibits;
- Differentiate facts, assumptions & opinions;
- Conduct case analysis & develop a framework for evidence evaluation;
- Establish a methodology for best practice records and notes.