Health & Safety
This programme is designed for people with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management.
It aims to help organisations discharge their legal duty to protect the health & safety of employees; Develop a positive health & safety work culture; Protect the organisation’s finances and reputation by putting the right measures in place to avoid penalties.
- Understand the health and safety role and responsibilities of senior executives;
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives;
- Be aware of the consequences of failing to manage health and safety;
- Understand the principles of a management system with the benefits of continual improvement and annual reporting;
- Understand the requirements of legislation with the consequences of non-compliance upon their organisation and themselves.
- Understand the implications of breaches of Health & Safety Regulations in terms of the financial costs of accidents & occupational ill health, and potential criminal prosecutions.