Employees conducting investigations on behalf of their employers may be required to interview witnesses and suspects. These may become vital evidence in later proceedings. However, failure to conduct them properly may render them inadmissible, unreliable or lacking in weight.
Learn key skills and best practice standards to interview witnesses & suspects.
- Carry out effective planning and preparation to identify, issues, facts and evidence;
- Identify best practice procedure for interview of witnesses and subjects;
- How to structure interviews;
- Use different questioning techniques;
- Handle denials, omissions, exaggerations, fabrications, inconsistencies, loss of detail and memory;
- Deal with disclosure, documents and exhibits during interview.